Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Intern Diaries: Beginning the Job Search

As the Halloween decorations emerge, it has made me realize that this semester is flying by. Graduation is less than two months away, and the senioritis is growing increasingly difficult to overcome. Yet as the time passes most of my thoughts linger on how I will soon be entering into the professional world. While job searching can be overwhelming, I have already begun to apply for advertised positions in hopes of starting somewhere soon after graduation. With a communication studies degree, I hope to find work in Wilmington. Many of my friends graduated this May and while most of them are in grad school, the other’s who found work moved out of town. Yet I have confidence in my interpersonal skills and know that with hard work things will work out for the best. Through the assistance of college mentors, friends, family and the staff members here at the Alumni Office I feel less anxious as graduation quickly approaches.

This weekend is Family & Alumni Weekend and I am very excited to see the turnout for the Young Alumni Reunion. It will be nice to see individuals who were in my exact situation years ago and what they have done since leaving UNCW.  The reunion will be a great time, and it will be fun to have some drinks in Burney while listening to live music with my friends! If you’re interested in joining those already registered, today is the last day to register online or you can also get tickets at the door on Saturday. We’ll see you there!

No comments: