Monday, November 29, 2010

Goodbye student years. Hello alumni friends!

These last four years have been some of the best years of my life; college is an experience unlike anything else. It seems like just yesterday I was moving into Graham/Hewlett dorm and now I am preparing for Commencement just next week. Although the job market is quite frightening, I will take what I have learned with me throughout my future endeavors. Between my studies and social experiences I have gained the most invaluable education which helped shape me into the person I am today. I have learned much about responsibility, respect and determination, and many more of the skills that will assist my future in the professional world.

My internship with the UNCW Alumni Association has been unlike any other. I have not only had the opportunity to network with alumni professionals throughout the world, but also work with a truly amazing office. I have gained significant experience in marketing, writing and event planning. Through these experiences, I have developed into an educated individual, ready to conquer what comes next. The thought of graduating college is quite bittersweet; I am both excited to start a career but afraid to leave the comforts of college life. As I become an alumna, I will stay in touch with the university through the friendships and mentors I have established. I feel that I am ready to take the next step in life and see what the future holds.

No comments: